Latest article Economic Development
Dutch construction forecasts most positive in Europe
Dutch construction sector shows positive results and recovers at a very fast pace. Much faster than the other European countries. In France the construction sector is slowly starting to show some improvement. Start of the recovery in France is therefore expected in 2017. These are some of the conclusions of the Q3 2015 European Architectural Barometer report, a quarterly research among 1,600 architects in eight European countries. European architects act as a leading indicator for the construction activities.
- Recovery of the Dutch and Spanish construction sector is accelerating, improvement has not been that good since 2009 (01-08-2015)
- Dutch and Spanish construction sector keep on improving. No recovery before 2017 for Italian and French architects. (01-05-2015)
- The hardest times are over for the Dutch and Spanish construction sector. The Italian and French architects still going through difficult times. (03-02-2015)
Latest article Market Trends
European Architects foresee more use of bio-based building materials
A key trend in the European construction market still is sustainability Based on the European Architectural Barometer (research amongst Architects in 8 countries, based on 6,400 interviews annually) we did see a slow-down of this trend during the crisis and recently due to the lower prices of fossil fuels.
- Dutch and Polish architects have less decision power in different phases of building projects (31-05-2016)
- Most countries show stable growth in 2015, faster recovery expected in upcoming years. (29-03-2016)
- The United Kingdom and the Netherlands are clearly at the forefront when it comes to Building Information Modeling in Europe (08-03-2016)